Sunday, February 26, 2012

2012 Academy Awards [Updated]

I'll be update this later in the evening, or you can check out my Twitter feed. Mostly, I'm excited that Billy Crystal is back to host. Despite claims he isn't "relevant" to younger viewers, I just have to argue that you're underestimating the impact Princess Bride and When Harry Met Sally have had on... well, everyone.

But... [Update]

It turns out Billy Crystal wasn't the solution to Oscars problems. In fact, the night was generally boring. When Meryl Streep winning is the biggest surprise of the night, there's a serious problem. And I don't know anyone that has seen The Artist.

Here's a list of the winners from /Film. Mostly it's the expected Academy stuff. The only serious issue I have is Hugo beating Rise of the Planet of the Apes for Visual Effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment