Monday, March 7, 2011

Weekend Links

A new image of Hugo Weaving in Captain America. The Lord of the Rings Extended Editions on Blu-Ray. More Wonder Woman cast members, why do I care? And Puss In Boots should have made my list of films I want to see.

Check Out Red Skull

/Film has a hi-res photo of Hugo Weaving as Red Skull, he looks pretty awesome. I like the ration of skull features to his features, I think they pulled this off well, and it doesn't look too computer-generated. I do wish he had a Nazi armband though. Personally, I think that would have made him scarier. Though it would have been much less toy friendly. And let's be honest, that matters for a film like this. Also, reports say Back to The Future composer Alan Silvestri will be scoring the film. I'm hoping for an iconic theme I can add to my Movie Soundtracks playlist (which is most of the music on my iPod).

Phantom Menace Coming in 3D

It's official, in February 2012, Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace rereleases Jar Jar Binks back into theaters in brain-destroying 3D. Really it was inevitable. On the plus side, the podrace should look good.

Lord of the Rings Extended Comes to Blu-ray

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Limited Extended Edition + Digital Copy) [Blu-ray]On Saturday night, I told a friend that when the Extended versions of The Lord of the Rings were released on Blu-ray, then I would probably have to finally give up and get a Blu-ray player. This morning, I found news of that exact release filling my Facebook news feed (yeah, I've "liked" many Lord of the Rings related pages). This release also includes digital copies of the movies so you'll never have to be separated from the films ever again. It also means I'll need a bigger iPod...

More Wonder Woman Casting

Why do even care about this show? I think it's morbid curiosity. NBC's superhero shows have been questionable at best, with Heroes devolving into lesbians and carnies (sadly not at the same time), and The Cape getting cut at ten episodes, the last of which will only be broadcast online. But hey, they just cast Cary Elwes. That's the Cary Elwes from one of the greatest movies ever. Though I doubt Wonder Woman will feature wheelbarrows or holocaust cloaks. Oh, and they've also brought in Elizabeth Hurley (remember the first Austin Powers?) to play a villain.

Puss In Boots Returns

The reason I liked Shrek 2 so much was the introduction of Puss In Boots, the swashbuckling cat voiced by Antonio Banderas. There's a new teaser poster and trailer for Dreamworks' Puss In Boots.

Watch the trailer at Apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment